For the first recipe on my blog, I’d thought I’d start with my favorite food, chocolate chip cookies. This is a pretty simple recipe at its base, but can be easily customized for whatever you want. That’s the great thing about a “Go To” cookie recipe like this one. Refer to the Recipe Notes section for variations, or if you come up with your own post in the comments and I’ll make the recipe and post updates to this one!
From scratch chocolate chip cookies just like mom used to make.
Set the oven to 350 degrees for pre-heating.
First start by mixing together the softened butter, and both sugars. Then add in the vanilla and two eggs. Now blend again. Then add in the salt and baking soda, and blend one last time.
Add the three cups of flour at 1 cup at a time and then blend. Once mixed, fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
Spoon the cookie mix onto the a greased baking sheet with a tablespoon. Put them into the oven for 9 mins. adjust accordingly. For crispier cookies it may need an extra 1-2 mins.
- M&M Cookies - add the 1 Cup of M&Ms (replaces semisweet chocolate above)
- White Chocolate Heath Bar - 1 cup of white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of Heath Bar or toffee. (replaces semisweet chocolate above)
- Reese's Cookies - Add 2 Tblspn of Peanut Butter when creaming butter and sugar, and add the 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Cookies with White Chips - Add 3 Tblspns of cocoa powder when creaming butter and sugar. Substitute in 1 cup of white chocolate chips instead of the semisweet.
Tips for a better tasting cookie:
- Make the cookie dough the day before and refrigerate for a better tasting cookie.